Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Can you still get a shave at a Barber Shop?

Well, I believe that probably you could but, the tables have been turned for me. I use to need a haircut when I was a kid and I did not need a shave. Now, in my second childhood I need a shave but I don't need a haircut. Kinda funny how things get rearranged, isn't it ? If you ain't got any hair to cut then you don't need a hair cut. I watched the part in my hair get wider and wider until there was more part then there was hair and then all of a sudden it was all part and no hair.Can you still get a shave at a Barber Shop?
most barbers do not offer that service - the one i go to is so old -- yes he is even older than me- and shakes so bad i do not want him to even shave the back of my neck and around my ears!!! but it is a one chair shop in a little village and what do you expect for 7 dollars!!!!Can you still get a shave at a Barber Shop?
Most of the hair dressers where I live are young girls. I didn't mind them cutting my hair but the way they swayed and moved erratically to the background music ...made me decide to give the shaving bit a miss. Mind you...my old mate Scarface says he lets them shave him.
You can with the older barbers but they are no longer teaching that art in barber school here because of health concerns.
I go to a 1 chair shop in my neighborhood that has been there for 53 years.He still offeres a shave, but I wouldn't get one the way he has been shaking these last few years.Poor Guy!
Whenever my West Indian partner goes to get his hair cut (not often, sadly), he always has a shave with hot towels and all the trimmings.
My husband said you can. And he said they charge around


$10.00 in the area where we live. The question is, who can


afford the splurge these days, even if you get a hot towell


after LOL.?
You can in Fowlerville, MI if you want to pay a high price.
Funny you should ask...my barber and I were discussing this and he told me that barbers in Ohio are not permitted to shave with a straight razor any longer...aids.
It depends on the Barber...But, yes you can...
Yes, you can here. IT is a lot more than 2 bits today.
not here without a knock down drag out hangover first. this is tuff luck town around here.
Yes. The barber shop on my street still offers shaves.
Yes....but most men don't get that done anymore.
Yes
...and a haircut, but I don't think it's two bits anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment