Thursday, January 21, 2010

Barber-shaving suggestions?

Hi,


I am trying to give my face a ';welcoming';-look.


I wear a full beard. - My natural face shape is ';textbook oblong.'; Am I correct to wear my beard rather long, so as to give me a more appealing look by l-e-n-g-t-h-e-n-i-n-g the appearence of my face, or can I present myself with a YOUNGER look and gain the same results with a shorter trim?


I did shave my scalp all year long, last year as I did enjoy the ';free-feeling'; this provides.


I am now planning to grow enough (10 inches) for the LOCKS OF LOVE Org.


I am planning to serve in my local school district as a SUBSTITUTE TEACHER beginning this autumn. - I hope to present into the classroom a ';welcoming'; mood to the students, but I intend to also serve as an AUTHORITY-figure in the class and around each campus where I sub.


My hair is naturally straight and dark, naturally black. I am also beginning a few streaks of gray in my beard. - Wearing my glasses, I am told this makes me look ';so mature.';


I am 43 y.o. - in TexasBarber-shaving suggestions?
I've had a good result by letting my beard reinforce that strong oblong shape. For me, that meant letting it grow fuller around my jaws, while clipping my sideburns back a bit so that my haircut and beard form a nearly oblong frame: it narrows only slightly as it goes down.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment