Saturday, January 23, 2010

Guy Barber? (not gay)?

I'm thinking about becoming a barber/hairstylist when I grow up, and I want to know if people would think I'm gay. (I'm a Mormon so I'm not) I also want to know if most people would rather have a guy or a girl cutting their hair. Comments?Guy Barber? (not gay)?
i actually couldn't care less, as long as they do a good job. good luck!Guy Barber? (not gay)?
LOL. Have you ever seen ';Barber Shop';?
i probly wouldnt unless you did something that would make me think you are


and actually i think guy hairsylist are better then girl hairstylist


just my opinion





^shake your bon-bon^
There isn't anything ';gay'; about a profession. Don't people realize that back in the early 1900s and well into the 1950s, almost all barber shops were owned and operated by men. The barber shop would be a busy place every day, with men coming in for a shave or trim. Now, most people go to the barber and call it the hair salon/stylist and ask for more than just a trim or shave. The profession is dominated by more women than men these days, and I think it would be nice to see more men stepping forward. Don't be afraid that people will think you are gay - if you are afraid, you most likely are unsure of your true orientation. Let people think what they will; you will never be able to change other peoples' opinions. So long as you are okay with who you are, you don't have to flaunt it and you don't have to pay attention to peoples' comments either.





Good luck in all you do and I hope this helps! ;-)
You are asking several different questions here. First, a barber and a stylist are two different things. Most barbers are straight men, and some are women. Barbers are generally in the haircut and shave business, little else. Stylists are mostly women and an increasing number of men.





Generally speaking, I don't think people care if it is a man or woman who cuts their hair. When it comes to styling hair, I think most people tend to prefer someone who has a good sense of personal style and a great haircut themselves - and worry less about whether the person is straight or gay, male or female.





Will people think you are gay because you cut hair? Only if they are narrow minded and ill informed; or of course if you are openly gay.
Sorry. You're gay. Now you will be unworthier than all the other priesthood bearers, and the bishop will find out.





Barbers used to do surgery. Read up on Sweeney Todd.
well. honestly id rather have a girl.... they could prolly understand what i want better.
obviously i think that a lot of people just have that way of thinking and if they see a guy cutting hair or anythign like that they will just think he is gay or wonder if you dont present your self as being super feminine then people wont think so much about if you are gay or not personally i could care less if a guy or girl cuts my hair even if the person happens to be gay as long as my hair looks good i think it shouldn't matter go for it if you truly want to do this... hope i could help
well guys can be barbers but most of them have a feminine side =)
No i wouldnt think you were gay unless you acted like you were. And personally i dont care as long as the do a good job im happy!











Good Luck and Best wishes on becoming a barber/hairstylist
Some people will think you're gay but those people are usually idiots. I have a friend who is a hairstylist for toni and guy and has traveled internationally to fashion shows to cut and style hair. None of the models ever seem to think he's gay because he's dated quite a few. If you want to learn, try the toni and guy hairstyling school. He's only been doing hair for a couple years and can already charge $150-$200 for a basic trim. And male or female really doesn't matter. But if you're hot sadly younger girls will go to you while if they're older, they'll tend to go to a female because they're more familiar (just my thoughts though, it's not proven lol).
nah man ..u shoudlnt ..ppl judge ..like me ..lol


well i cut my hair earlier today but i fuekd it up i dont care i did this like mohawk thing kinda ..ehh ...


but dude i think dat is more of a job than anything else ..as long as there is chicks at the spot ..n they are hot ..


**** it ..lol ...oh wtf do i kno
Male hairstylists are not assumed to be gay anymore. That's over. And I , as a woman, would prefer to have a guy cut my hair if he's good. Between a good woman , and a not-so-good man , I'd take the woman. But between a good man and a good woman, I'll take the man anytime. Because I know that the man will look at my face, which women don't do enough. So important. You're lucky to have found your passion at your young age!! Way to go!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here...
    men's haircuts

    ReplyDelete